Thursday, June 24, 2010

How do I ask my mom to let me wear a natural, light, eyeshadow? She doesn't want me to?

I'm 11. All I want is a light, natural, eyeshadow. To school I've worn a non-noticable light light purple. I've been THINKING about it for a while. I have long, black, eyelashes, so I don't need mascara, I know that. I want eyeshadow, I don't want mascara. Possibly eyeliner, but I don't know. I don't know how to ask her, because I'm afraid she'll tell my dad, and he doesn't want me to grow up AT ALL, because I'm the only girl and I'm the youngest in my family. I'm 11. My dad is only home on weekends, so he wouldn't see me go to school with it. Once, going to a school football game, I wore a blue eyeshadow that was noticable, because blue is our school color, and they freaked. I don't want to go crazy with it. I just want eyeshadow! Today at the mall, while we were walking past the makeup, I almost brought it up, but I didn't know how to ask her. I'm not sure what to say, because I don't want her to get mad, like the football game incident. How should I ask her?How do I ask my mom to let me wear a natural, light, eyeshadow? She doesn't want me to?
Ok, I'm 13 and asked my mom when I was 11 about makeup. It isn't hard you just have to mature and build up a little courage.


First you need to sit down alone with her and bring up the subject seriously. Here's how you start, ';Mom, do you have time to talk about something kind of serious? I would like to talk to you.';


She'll say yes, and then you say, ';I want to discuss me wearing makeup. I think I am old enough to wear a light eyeshadow, and I don't mean like at the football game, that was just a fun/silly way to show support for our team, I wouldn't wear it to school.';


She'll respond yes or no, and if she says no calmly ask her, ';Why not?';


She'll give you a reason and you just need to let her know about your feelings and that you are growing up and maturing and makeup is just a ';right of passage';. Tell her that wearing a little eyeshadow isn't going to make you do bad things, it's just a ';beauty enhancer';. Be nice a respect your mother's decision though, and good luck talking to her about the subject, I know it gets awkward!





I hope I helped!





P.S. Colors you should wear or neuturals and pinks, no no no blues, greens, or anything else like that. Purple are fine if they are a VERY light lilac.How do I ask my mom to let me wear a natural, light, eyeshadow? She doesn't want me to?
When I was your age I was really interested in makeup. The best things to do is ask your mom. Be honest with her and tell her you just want a little bit. Then, tell her that if you can wear it before you leave for school everyday she can check your make-up out and make sure it looks okay. Tell her that you know you're only eleven but you want to start wearing just a little bit. Show her how you would wear it also. Maybe once she sees it on it won't be so bad to her.


Good luck!
Just simply tell your parents that you won't over load on the make up.


Maybe take your mom out shopping with you one day after you have talked to her about trying out make up. Show her what you want and you can compromise on a good color eye shadow. But just a word of advice... stay away from blue eye shadow. Its TOO noticable, and kind of trashy.


Also, make sure your not sneaking anything because if your mom doesn't trust you then that could delay when you will get to wear make up.
Just buy it anyway.


Then, ask her to let you wear it on weekends and when you go out. Or just play around with it around the house. After a while it should become nothing out of the ordenary.





Dont go with a blue or purple, its not natural at all.


Go with a warm brown/bronze or a gold/copper. Blend it well. And if you keep it to the lids, she might not notice at all.





Or if that doesnt work, just put it on when you get to school and rub it out before you get home,
11 is quite young to start wearing make up but if you want to then that's fine. I started wearing make up without telling my parents, I went for the light purple too!


Going behind your parents backs is never really a good idea, you'll always be feeling guilty.


Maybe ask your mum to teach you how to put on make up. Would she let you have a friend over for a sleepover? Get together some make up and some magazine cuttings about doing make up and give each other a makeover. Even better, get your mum to do the make up for you both. Once she realises you're growing up and are responsible she'll be much more willing to allow you to wear makeup.


Your dad is going to have to accept that you're growing up and this will come with time.


Good luck with it
You're only 11! I'm sure you're sick of hearing this, but you should be a kid while you can. You only have another year or two of being a kid, so why not enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color