Thursday, June 24, 2010

How do I get my mom to let me wear a light, natural, eyeshadow? I'm 11, and I don't know how to ask!?

I'm 11. All I want is a light, natural, eyeshadow. To school I've worn a non-noticable light light purple. I've been THINKING about it for a while. I have long, black, eyelashes, so I don't need mascara, I know that. I want eyeshadow, I don't want mascara. Possibly eyeliner, but I don't know. I don't know how to ask her, because I'm afraid she'll tell my dad, and he doesn't want me to grow up AT ALL, because I'm the only girl and I'm the youngest in my family. I'm 11. My dad is only home on weekends, so he wouldn't see me go to school with it. Once, going to a school football game, I wore a blue eyeshadow that was noticable, because blue is our school color, and they freaked. I don't want to go crazy with it. I just want eyeshadow! Today at the mall, while we were walking past the makeup, I almost brought it up, but I didn't know how to ask her. I'm not sure what to say, because I don't want her to get mad, like the football game incident. How should I ask her?How do I get my mom to let me wear a light, natural, eyeshadow? I'm 11, and I don't know how to ask!?
Ok, first of all you need to ask her. I don't know why you are so embarassed. If you were my daughter, and you asked me like you did in your post, I don't think I would say no. Start the conversation by saying you remember that she and your dad got really mad at you at the football game because you wore blue eyeshadow. You have been thinking about it and you understand why. Ask her, if she would be mad, if you chose a very light color eyeshadow to wear. Let her know she can pick the color for you. If she says she would be mad, ask her why? Tell her to reconsider that you would like to wear a light natural tone. If she still says no, I think you need to say ok I respect your decision and tell her you understand. Then, you will have to wait. At least by saying you respect her decision, you are letting her know you are growing up and you are maturing in some ways. Then, I would ask again next year. If you get the same respons, explain it to her again. You have nothing to lose by asking. If your mom tells your dad, calmly explain the same thing to him. And ask him if it would be ok, if mom picked out the color. If he still says no, you need to respect the decision because you are eleven and need to listen to your parents, but it is always ok, to ask, and explain why you would like to do something.How do I get my mom to let me wear a light, natural, eyeshadow? I'm 11, and I don't know how to ask!?
Hi there! I know it's difficult to talk to Mom's about certain things. Do you have an older sister or maybe a favorite Aunt that can break the ice with your Mom about that topic?





You sound like a reasonable, smart girl, and good for you for wanting to talk to your Mom first. I'd just be honest and say Mom, I've been thinking about wearing a pale/light color eye shadow. When do YOU think that would be appropriate for my age? I don't want anything crazy, just a little something.





How is that? Good luck to you!
Your 11, don't worry about it yet.
You are too young for eyeshadow. Enjoy your youth--there will be plenty of time for this in your teens.
put it on one night at home and ask her if it looks okay. if she says no then you got your answer. But personally...sorry to say... but I think 11 is too young for anything but lip gloss.
ur eleven ur not suppose to wear makeup. your to young. you will look like a clown if you do. no jk! lol. dont wear makeup until ur 15. ok ok!








Can you please pick me as best answer? Please? Yay!
Your parents want to put off you becoming sexually active as long as possible. It is the nature of their role.





Ultimately, why do you WANT to wear eye shadow? You want to look better for who?





Having seen Jon Benet Ramsey (SP?) wearing lipstick and frills and seeing what happened to her, can you blame them?
No offense heather, but isn't 11 kinda young to wear makeup? I couldn't wear makeup till my 16th bday, and that was when my grandma persuaded my mom.
Be respectful to your parents and they will respect you back. You may not always get what you want, but at least you will be respected.





Why wear eye shadow that is barely noticeable? Seems like a waste.
hmmmm i would wait until lets say you are 16 then ask her


and purple??!! wow yes please wait until you are 16
Okay i am 14 :)


and how i got my parents to start letting me was,


start off wearing barely any.


and then gradually day by day and a little more and they will get used to it.


they just don't want their little girl to grow up too fast.


show them that it is not noticeable %26lt;3
I think you should start talking to ur mom about her when she was at your age and how she felt about makeup and if she did use it, then after finding out a few things that'll probably back up ur question/argument, ask her. Basicaly get on her soft side, remind her of her childhood and what she wanted to do and couldn't or what she actually did, then share ur concern with her :-) Good luck!


don't become addicted to makeup, it's always nicer to look natural... anyway, make-up is over rated :P
Don't feel bad i'm almost 13 and i'm just starting to wear makeup! OMG my dad is the same way my sister is 15 and he still doesn't like her wearing makeup!





Bring it up casually and do it when she's putting on makeup or when makeup is brought up don't bring it up out of no where! Now ask when she started wearing makeup and ask her if you can be allowed to wear it when you are that age!
Just be honest with her. Ask her ';Mom, I've been thinking and I would really like to try wearing a little bit of eyeshadow in a neutral color. I don't want to over do it, but I just would like to know how to put it on and I need your help..Will you help me pick out a color and help me put it on?'; As a mother I think it would be easier to cope that my little girl is growing up if she involved me in her changes and needed my help. Good luck.
umm...i started wearing make up when i was 13 just tell her you feel like you need it or day that you are growing up..and ould like it
At 11 you should not be wearing ANY make up....unless it's lip gloss
Try something that is a little different from your original complexion.( maybe your same shade just a little shimmer). If you don't have any, walk around a department store and casually pick it up and ask her what she thinks about it. The key is starting in the right direction. Then you gradually introduce her to other colors if she says yes about the the first one. You have to remember that while growing up is a change for you, your growing up is also a change for them. ( Your parents, that is) If she decides no, no harm done. You've got a couple more years to convince her. Just remember that you are beautful with or wtihout it.
Ask her if she'll buy you something light so you can start practicing for when you are older and tell her that you want her to show you how to wear it. If she refuses. Just take some from her make-up drawer and put it on when you get to school. Just keep asking, she'll give in after a while.
I honestly think that 11 is too young to wear makeup to school...I think that maybe at the weekend and for a special occoasion then a very light makeup may be ok....I just think that you should prepare yourself for a no...ask if you can wear it at the weekends....that may go down better.
you are 11. you shouldn't be wearing make-up yet!
your too young. I started wearing makeup when i was 13. Also why would you wear unnoticeable eyeshadow, the whole point is to bring out your eyes! How is it going to do that, if you can't see it? Also, the way i got my parents to say yes was...well i never asked them, i just put on makeup and i don't think they notice/care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color